In line with government regulations effective 13th May 2020 we are resuming flying at Upleadon on a restricted basis, flying will be limited to 2 persons at the field per 2 hour slots 10:30 to 12:30 and 14:00 to 16:00 Tuesday through Saturday and 10:30 to 12:30 Sunday. To allow members to check we have activated an online calendar where you can check if the slot is free and reserve your slot, this is in the site reservations tab. In addition to this members should follow the guidelines set out in the recent BMFA e-mail as follows
Some simple measures to consider may include:
- Social distancing in accordance with government guidelines ensuring the minimum 2 metre (and preferably greater) separation from other people (unless from the same household) is always maintained (including in the carpark, pits & pilot box).
- Latex/Nitrile/Vinyl gloves to be worn or hand sanitiser used immediately before and immediately after opening/unlocking and closing/locking access gates and padlocks
- Latex/Nitrile/Vinyl gloves to be worn or hand sanitiser used immediately before and immediately after using any club site maintenance equipment.
- No sharing of model flying equipment and aircraft (apart from by those sharing a household).
- Unless both instructor and pupil share the same household, if an individual has not yet reached a “safe solo” competence and still requires supervision, a buddy system must be employed, preferably wireless and with the instructor and student using their own equipment. If a wired system is used it must allow the instructor to maintain a minimum 2m separation from the student and appropriate sanitation measures should be taken when handling the buddy lead.
- Hand sanitiser should be considered an essential item in every model aircraft flyer’s flight box.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or who shares a household with any individual displaying symptoms, must not fly and should stay at home to maintain social isolation in accordance with government advice.